THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING OILCOMM 2012! Registration is now closed. Please sign up for updates on OilComm 2013.
The OilComm 2012 Conference will focus on application-based solutions, the challenges currently faced by the IT professionals, CTOs, network engineers and integrators responsible for procuring and implementing communications systems in an offshore and/or remote environment.
The goal of the conference is to present solutions to the end-user, regardless of the technology behind the solution - satellite, wireless, fiber, etc., while also addressing the challenges that come with implementing and operating any communications network - interoperability, security, cost containment, scalability - whether in the Gulf of Mexico or international waters.
Included with your Conference registration is access to the nightly receptions on Tuesday, November 6 and Wednesday, November 7. You’ll join more than 1,100 fellow colleagues in the oil and gas community to share success stories, proven strategies and insider tips while enjoying good food and drink.
Conference Proceedings now available! Click here to purchase all the sessions.
View the online Program Guide here
The OilComm 2012 Conference and Exposition introduces the Ransom Siler Engineering Achievement Award to honor W. Ransom Siler, a valued content partner of the OilComm Conference and trusted advisor and engineering consultant in the oil and gas community. Click here for more information.
New for 2012:
Here’s a sneak peek at this year’s program:
- Keynote Address - A View from the Top: How Important are Communications?
- Keynote Luncheon - Closing the Generational Gap
- 6 Minute Vendor Shoot-Out
- Energy Sector Roundtable - How Communications Impact Crew Recruitment, Retention and Development
- Keynote Luncheon - Defending Against your Worst Nightmare: Protecting Your Networks from External Threats
- Rig of the Future: Designing for the Next Generation
- Connectivity in the Last Mile: Searching for the Silver Bullet
- A Case Study: Monitoring Your Networks on the Cloud
- Building Safe and Secure Networks for SCADA Applications
- Shale Play Roundtable: Designing and Deploying Communications in Today’s Hot Spots
- Evolution of Communications at the Site: From Drilling to Production
- Drilling Contractors Roundtable: Regional Obstacles Unveiled
- Overcoming Regulatory Challenges in an Offshore Environment
- Ka-band: Can It Change the Future for Offshore Communications?
- Asset Tracking: Nothing Left Behind
- Fighting the Fiber Battle Offshore: Using Fiber to Advance Your Networks
For complete program and session details click here to View OilComm Conference e-Program Guide
Since OilComm 2012 will be held during the elections, helpful information is provided here if needed.
If you live in Texas, visit VOTE TEXAS for information on early voting by mail, criteria, ballot applications, etc.
For all other states, search "absentee voting" in your state for detailed instructions. Long Distance Voter also offers information by state with easy navigation.
Keep in mind that laws, requirements and specific deadlines vary by state, so we suggest that you plan ahead and check it out as soon as possible.